• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Joy Buddell

What is the name of your state? Utah
I have won a Small Claims case by Default 12/04/2007. The judge said the next step is to fill out a Military Service Affidavit (Form P). I have sent the form 3 times and the judge is not accepting the information I have given on the form as proof of military status. The small claims clerk is not allowed to give me much help, but she has advised me to go to a couple of websites. I sent her a letter explaining the problems I have had with the suggestions she has given. Let me relay the same letter:

The first web site (Military.com) you suggested I printed out the information it gave me and you say the judge will not accept this as proof. The other web site you mentioned (The Departmant Of Defense) I could not get the information I needed even going throught every site in the page. This last web site you suggest is linked to The Department of Defense web site, however when I pull up www.dmdc.osd.mil/scra/owa/scra.prc the response tells me there is no such web site. If I go to www.dmdc.osd.mil/scra/owa (that is as much as it will accept for a response to a web site) it tells me it is an unsecured website and recommend I don't go into it, it also says it requires a SSN and birthdate which I don't have.

I am sure there are lots of people that have to do this, am I the only one struggling? What do I need to do to get help with this matter?

I have not received a response from her, she probably can't help me further, so I thought I would try this route.

The question the Military affidavit asked:

I am the plaintiff in this case. To support my application for a default judgment and to comply witht he Servicemembers Civil Relief Act. I swear or affirm that:

The Deffendant is in military service

The Defendant is Not in military service.

I am unable to determine Defendant's military service status.

I have done the following research to ssupport the above conclusion:

The judge wants printouts from the web sites to support my conclusion. Can you help me?

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">