• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Professional Exam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Georgiana

I took a professional exam that cost over $1100, plus planefare, hotel, etc. Passing the exam would get me certification in my field, a raise of at least 15%, job security etc.
The exam is given live in two parts, interview of a live subject for 30 minutes, followed by presentation to the two examiners--diagnosis, treatment recommendations, etc. Then there is a 30 minute video of a patient interview, and the examinee presents as before. The examiners are supposed to be trained together until their results are very consistent with each other; this is why the exams cost so much, they say.
When I took the exam, the junior examiner gave me a five minute warning,but-- he gave it when only twelve minutes had elapsed. I was surprised but he was adamant. To salvage the situation I asked only the most important questions, while frantically trying to revise my presentation in my head. Then, when I think he's going to say "Time", he tells me he was wrong, I actually do have some time. Once again, frantically trying to organize my presentation, I go back to the important questions I hadn't been able to ask earlier. My video presentation went just fine. They failed me on the live, passed me on video. No allowance was made for the time problem, so I figure I didn't get that consistent grading they brag about, I got three interruptions from the examiner instead of just one,etc. I suspect that the examiner team never mentioned what had happened to their supervisor, as it would have disrupted the very tightly managed schedule of exams, they would have had to find another patient, and another pair of examiners. So did they breach an implied contract with me? This took place in Texas, I live in Wisconsin, and the organization is headquartered in Illinois. So if i wanted to find a lawyer, what kind should I look for and where? Thanks for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">