• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claims judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

newmom1979

What is the name of your state? nevada I won a judgement injuly of 2007 in a nevada court but the couple has refused to pay me my money! they own several propertys wich I have put liens on to no avail! I do however have their bank account number, can I just put a lien on their bank account because I have no clue where they work.

dcatz

If, by “put a lien on their bank account”, you mean levy/garnish the contents (I have no idea which term is correct in your state but, when referring to seizing funds in an account, they are commonly used interchangeably), the answer is yes. Liens on real property are not commonly expected to yield immediate results, unless the property is income producing, in which case you may be going about this the wrong way (use the “search function for “assignment order” – and for “enforce judgment” for that matter).

If you’re not accustomed to enforcing judgments, self-help books by Nolo Press (available by an online search) can be an excellent source for additional options. Your own state court sites may also have self-help information. Your post offers too little specific data to make any other suggestion.

newmom1979

Judgement

Well the liens I put on their properties did nothing and they closed their bank account so no luck there. October 2008 I filed in the Fernley justice court in Nevada to order a debtors exam, Both of the debtors were supposed to appear but only the husband showed up! his wife was not there and when the judge asked for bank account information. job info, personal property, he did not bring any documents to court! he stated to the judge that he paid me and that's why he didnt bring the required documents. These people still owe me $1,030.16 plus interest. The Judge assessed a $500 fine upon him for not bringing required documents and has set the case to be seen this wednesday on the 4th. These people wasted my time and the courts time, now they have been given a second chance and I have to drive 110 miles round trip to attend court again this wednesday! can I sue for lost wages for this wednesday? this would be in combination to the current interest owed on the judgement.:

newmom1979

claim lost wages

PLEASE HELP!! My time is very valuable and these people wasted everyones time. Does anyone know if I can claim lost wages because someone didnt bring the required information to a debtors exam therefore the Judge had nothing to garnish. I dont have a babysitter:confused: for my children this next go round so my husband has to watch the children and miss work, can I claim these lost wages along with interest on the past due amount?

seniorjudge

Q: PLEASE HELP!! My time is very valuable and these people wasted everyones time. Does anyone know if I can claim lost wages because someone didnt bring the required information to a debtors exam therefore the Judge had nothing to garnish. I dont have a babysitter:confused: for my children this next go round so my husband has to watch the children and miss work, can I claim these lost wages along with interest on the past due amount?

A: No.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">