• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord won't pay judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zantm27

What is the name of your state? Texas
I won a judgment in small claims court against my old landlord and now they will not pay. I think I might have messed up when I filed the suit as I named the company that owns the apartment building DBA the apartment nameand did not list the people themselves, thinking that was a given as they owned the property. Well the company is just a UPS mailbox and the apartment building only has a manager on site, the owner of the company comes by very rarely. The registered agent is listed by a totally different name, which I did not list on the suit, Although it is all the same people, husband and wife. They came with an attorney to court and I have tried calling him but he will not return any of my phone calls and the one time I did try to call the lady and leave a message for her at the apartment, she called and told me, she has an attorney to contact him. So I haven't tried toantact her again, in fear or doing something wrong. The apartment property has a mortgage on it, I have researched these people and they have many other properties, including their own home, all under different names, but same people. Is there any way that I can tie these people themselves into this? Can I go after the rent on the apartment building and/or property, with a writ of excuction? How can I find out their banking information if I do not have a canceled check or know of anyone who does? Is there any way that I can go back in front of the judge and tie the ownes of the company, their names into this, beside just being the people who have their names on the papers? I really stuck on what I should do next. Please any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">