• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue my ex fiance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N2Muzik

What is the name of your state? CA

Long Story short.... Got engaged, bought a house in my name, my credit (he had none) about 3 months after we moved I found out he was heavily using drugs.. (again, which he lied about) I couldn't deal with the mood swings and fights. we couldn't work things out so he left... He now says I threw him out and he doesn't owe me a dime.. I didn't let him pay me for the down payment (escrow costs) approx. $20,000.00, when we moved in. We started having problems and if I could have afforded the house on my own I wasn't going to keep his money, wasn't fair... I put the house on the market (sold in 4 months)... I had to put a lot of money out to fix the place and before I could sell the house..

He had agreed to pay for half of everything when we were engaged so how is it that he can legally walk away without obligation to me? I lost a lot of money I would say close to $50,000.00 (I will get exact amount if I have a case.) why shouldn't he still owe me half ... I never would have bought such a house by myself. Had I made enough money to stay there on my own I never would have asked him to repay any of it either. What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

las365

Your story frankly doesn't make much sense to me. You bought a house you couldn't afford, you rejected financial help from him for the down payment, you say it wouldn't have been fair for you to keep his money if you could have afforded the house, then say that you would not have bought the house "on your own."

But according to you, you did buy the house on your own and didn't "let him pay" for any of it (which leads one to beleive that he offered).

Anyway, if he's a heavy drug user with no credit, how is he going to pay you even if you win a judgment? Not that I think you would.

I think this falls into the "live and learn from your mistakes" category.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">