• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to get back car from body shop?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oraclestudy

I am in Stamford, CT. I have a car, which needed some fixes. I had given this car to one body shop person, to fix. He asked me to get the car fix after few days. The day, when I should get my car back; I visited this body shop and he told me that car had been sinked in flood water last night due to heavy rain. Now the car is no more in running condition. Because my car was also no more running prior to giving this to body shop; I put my car insurance on hold. Also, this body shop insurance is not covered for natural disaster. His insurance company sent me a letter that they are not responsible for this damage. Now this car mechanic is not giving my car. He is asking money, he put on car, if I need my car back, despite of the fact that car is still not running and he is not ready to fix the car. What should I do? How can I get my car back? I can pay money to this mechanic, if he is ready to fix the car or I can take damaged car as it is, without paying anything.What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">