• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused in Cali

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jovegas

What is the name of your state? California
My grandmother passed away in dec.2007. The will that was found was hand written(in 2001),witnessed by two people(location unknown),and it was not notarised.I am her only decending relative,and the main beneficiary named in the will that was found.Is the will valid? What are the rights and responsibilities of the executor named in the will? This person is on a power trip and has not begun probate proceedings?

tecate

I wouldn't rush to the courthouse yet. Depending on what your GM left, it might be a waste of time and $$$. Instead, try to find out the following:

What assets did your grandmother have? Are they worth over $100K? How are they titled?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">