• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indiana courts disregard custodial parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

americandad

What is the name of your state? MI

I have a complicated case in that joint custody was awarded in 2002, but daughter lived 95% time wi/me, but my wages were garnished to ex.
1)Aug 2005 Got full IRREVERSIBLE custody as daughter was 15 yrs old , she lived with me a year, but they still garnished my wages for 6 months while I had daughter. her 11th grade school grades were decent. (grade pt 3.0) That summer daughter went to visit her mom in Indiana, and Mom decided she would stay for school year back in Indiana (isn't that contempt of court or parental kidnapping?).
2) I restricted the transfer of transcripts to Indiana high school b/c of the illegal custody. school allowed Daughter to enter 12th grade, and graduated her with grade pt 1.2 and 20 unexcused absences.
***Feb 2006 I was summoned to court appearance -
3) it was decided by the Tippecanoe county judge that my daughters horrendous grades were not a big deal, and it was late in the year to pull her out of school to go back to Mich with me. After all is said and done, ex owed me arrearage of $2,200.
4) At same Feb 2006 hearing, it was decided that ex-wife's arrearage was disregarded and new order for $68/week for me. legal papers were delivered to me - No garnishment ever happened, b/c I challenged Superior Court 1 in Tippecanoe that based upon my weak wages, I bought health ins for daughter and asked to be lowered to $29 week. No response from my challenge - ever.
5) Full arrearage was never paid (ex still owed me $1600.00)
6) 2007 - daughter turned 18 and moved out into apartment with boyfriend
7) March 2008 - the ex has filed arrearage of $3200.00
Why doesn't my proof of legal papers hold up in court hearings in Indiana?
Michigan FOC will not help in my support. Help?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">