• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will does not address competent witness?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daddydune

What is the name of your state? California, Riverside County
Started probate with my mothers will created in 1979. Court notes questions "will does not address if witness' were competent."
And "No proof of subscribing witness".
I need to create a supliment to petition for probate addressing this. One witness is dead now. I can't locate the other one using different internet searching means and can't truly read her hand writting to get the name.
When did "Competent Witness" become a requirement of wills? Can I just state the will was created before "Competent Witness" was a requirement?
What's subscribing witness about.
The law firm that created the Will is no longer in business and the law firm owner signed as one of the witness'.
Thanks for your time everyone.

Dandy Don

You can contact the Bar Association to see what information they might have.

Post the name of the law firm here and city/state and I can check some business records to get some idea of what your next step should be.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

daddydune

In California I have
Weil & Fritz
12501 E. Philadelphia St
Whittier, CA 90601

His name was Abner Fritz. I believe he died in 1997.

Thanks.

daddydune

Dandy Don, I found some other information
Paul M. Weil was the other attorney from Weil & Fritz.
He may have been in Carlsbad CA in 2004. He would be like 80 years old by now.

Thanks for checking, hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">