• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Phone Record Subpoena: a violation of privacy????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joanmiro

What is the name of your state? Florida

I am a character witness in my boyfriend's personal injury case. My phone records have been subpoena from time of accident (approximately two years ago) to present for no apparent reason. I cannot understand how this could possibly be legal? Isn't this a major violation of my privacy? If this is legal, can anyone out there tell me how I can fight this? Thanks!

tranquility

You can go to court to try to quash the subpoena as it is not designed to discover relevant evidence. They will come in and say why they want the records. Your attorney can probably find some privacy statutes, but they can be gotten around if the other side can present a need for the information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">