• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Death Certificate - Private?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HatRack

What is the name of your state? California

This is in regards to a probate case in Sarasota FL. A question about death certificates.

I have never seen a on a Probate docket listing the death certificate listed in this manner.

DEATH CERTIFICATE - PRIVATE 0 None

Meaning 0 pages and None as in no image filed.
Aren't death certificates public record? Isn't a death certificate a required document
for a probate to be opened?

Is this a un-usual / or usual procedure to submit a death certificate - Private to the probate court?

The second part of my post is:

Can someone please point me at a website where the various things listed on a probate docket are given a brief description. I know many of them already.
(Please excuse the capitals this is the way it is listed on the docket. I am CC&P'ing them here in this post)

LETTERS OF ADMINISTRATION FEDERAL FILED & RECORDED

PETITION FOR ADMINISTRATION

PROOF OF PUBLICATION

PETITION SELL ESTATE PROPERTY

ORDER SALE OF PROPERTY FILED & RECORDED

CLAIM-Persons name or a company name

OBJECTION TO CLAIM

But when I see things like these listed on the docket it throws me.

PETITION FOR DISCHARGE (NOT PERMITTED - RETURNED ALL ORDERS AND ENVELOPES)

NOTICE OF CIVIL ACTION- CONTRACT & INDEBTEDNESS DISPUTE=not clear on this

ORDER - REQUIRING INTERIM ACCOUNTING=I am pretty sure what this is. Has to do with the inventory.

CORRESPONDENCE - JUDGE = I realize this could be anything

MOTION TO REQUIRE INTERIM ACCT =I am pretty sure what this is. See above.

RECEIPT & CONSENT - Persons Name

PHONE CONVERSATION RECORD PHONE CONVERSATION RECORD -CIVIL Sent on

ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE - PROBATE=???? Cause of what?

So I am looking for a key so to speak of docket terms. Is there such an animal?

Thank you for your time,

Dandy Don

Florida may be different--a death certificate may be required, but an exception might have been made here (perhaps for medical reasons or other reasons the family doesn't want it to be public record).

Go to the website for whatever county Sarasota is in (Sarasota County and also Manatee County--I don't know what city your decedent's death occurred in, so you may want to check both websites for information) and do a Google search to find the website for that county and you can usually find probate dockets online for any county in Florida.

If you want a copy of the death certificate for yourself, order one from the Florida Department of Health.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">