• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

De facto parents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jeavesmom

we currently have custody of two little ones ,mother is in rehab, we go back to court in August to see if she can get the kids back ,I ma just learning of the de facto parents ,so I am trying to get all the info I can so we can keep the kids

Just Blue

we currently have custody of two little ones ,mother is in rehab, we go back to court in August to see if she can get the kids back ,I ma just learning of the de facto parents ,so I am trying to get all the info I can so we can keep the kids
How were you granted custody? Where is the other parent? How long have the children been with you? What are the terms of your guardianship?

Silverplum

You would absolutely need an attorney. But why would you keep someone else's kids???

Parents always have much greater rights to their own children than anyone else, till stripped by a court of law. Completing rehab is not one of the things that will cause a parent to lose rights.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">