• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removing property before will is probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blackbyrd38

What is the name of your state? Georgia

My mothers boyfriend has lived in the house with her for 15 years, but the house is in my mother's name. Well, my mother recently passed away and in her Will she left everything in the house to him, but left the house to me. The will has not been probated, but he is in the process of removing the items. Is it true that he needs to get the will probated and approved before removing the items? I do believe that my sister will contest the Will and I would hate for him to get into any trouble. My mother had the will completed by a lawyer and she was in her right mind. Does Georgia usually follows the wishes of the deceased.What is the name of your state?

curb1

The boyfriend needs to see an attorney to get direction on proper procedure. You should be there with him because of your interest in this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">