• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-gf won't pay debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Drag0nfly

What is the name of your state? Colorado

My girlfriend and I lived together for 4 and a half years but were never married. During the last year of our relationship, we accumulated some credit card debt on a card in my name and borrowed money from my parents - the total being close to $6000. After breaking up, we sent emails back and forth where both of us agreed that we would split the debt 50-50. She even sent me an email saying she would be willing to sign a contract saying that we both agreed how everything had been split up. The contract, however, was never signed. She made the payments we agreed on for the first four months after breaking up but now says that she's paid enough and doesn't owe any more. When I told her that we had an agreement together and she still needed to help pay she told me that I was psychologically abusive and controlled her into agreeing to make those debt payments. There is still $3000 left to pay off. Do I have enough evidence for filing a claim in small claims court to recover the half that she still owes? Thanks in advance for any help. :confused:What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">