• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roomate stole what to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

osux

What is the name of your state? OH

Two months ago, I lost my wallet, and along with it was my mother’s card which a charge was made of 426.99. Two days ago our internet was slow and as usually I turned off his client on my roommates computer and as I walked out I noticed that my wallet that I lost was in his room. I started thinking and realized he just got a new Playstation 3 and called target and realized it was indeed 426.99. I called him out on it and he denied it to me for an hour and then I called the police and towards the end after all the sympathy speech he gave, he admitted to it. I was wondering on a couple of things.
If I press charges will I be spending any money on this if this goes to court?
Can this go to court?
Can I draft a proposal that he will pay the remainder amount of rent as well as payment for the two weeks I had to live without money? (My card had everything and I could not withdraw money for weeks.) Have him sign and notarized it?
And if this is possible without a lawyer can I not press charges?
Anything else I should know?

The police did take the statement and said a detective will call me, they took my mother’s CC as evidence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">