• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emancipate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

niki0114

What is the name of your state? ohio

My boyfriends cousins is 17 and her mom gave up her custody. she is now in foster care. my question is.. is there any way for her to emancipate herself and be on her own?

Silverplum

My boyfriends cousins is 17 and her mom gave up her custody. she is now in foster care. my question is.. is there any way for her to emancipate herself and be on her own?
Google "Ohio emancipation."

seniorjudge

Yes. A full-time job and 100% support of oneself is the definition of "emancipation."

niki0114

Yes. A full-time job and 100% support of oneself is the definition of "emancipation."
so even though she is now in foster care and only at a 10th grade level... if she gets a full time job and supports herself she can leave the foster care programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">