• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

defamation of character

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blackwater

What is the name of your state? State of Maryland

Male and my ex of course female.

I had a protective order for a year in which I had moved back in with my ex a week after the protective order was set. Together up until 14 days before the order was up I was arrested for being there. Order was set in 10/14/05 to 10/14/06 arrested on 10/01/06
In district court she has in paper work and testimony I didn't live there for the year. Police report listed as non violent.

With minor child. now 6 year old child.

Days after my arrest she filed for emergence child support and that I had left her stranded with bills and listed in the civil courts that I lived with her till 9/2006 and was awarded 700 a month for 6 months. I just got up and left. She forgot to say "in handcuffs".

This can be seen on line in case look up and I have court documents showing the dates over lapping. Shes telling one court system one thing and the other another.

My understanding is a protective order is basically saying "I'm in fear of my life". But then in her words to the civil courts she displays in documents she wasn't in fear by saying I lived with her 95% of that year.

I understand I violated the court order, i was there so I was arrested bottom line.

Would this display show a judge defamation of character?

Im not in this for money. I was told and want something in legal documents saying shes a lire and that this may help me with employment later down the road if and when a background check is made. I can show something discrediting what she has said or titled me.

quincy

This would not be defamation.

A protective order was granted by the court based on evidence presented at the time, and a valid protective order was in place when you moved back in with your ex. You were aware of the risks involved in violating the order yet you knowingly violated the order anyway.

The time to have fought the protective order was when it was first filed. You had options then - to fight the order showing it was based on lies, or to abide by the order once it was granted. You did neither.

Showing now that your ex lied then does not make your actions less illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">