• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inheritance Denial ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Oceans54

What is the name of your state? I reside in Oregon USA.

Can a person named in a living trust refuse to receive said inheritance; the deceased parent made 2 younger brothers executors of parents living trust. The elder sister is to receive a portion of the monies that must be put in a trust and she (myself) to receive interest.

The elder sister receives SS and SSI and has Section 8 (HUD) housing. The trust that is stipulated in the living will may jeopardize the housing. Therefore the sister (myself) feels refusing the trust is a very real possibility?

I am in need of advice since the trust is to be made soon.

Thanks to any and all that can advise.

Oceans54

curb1

You said, " the deceased parent made 2 younger brothers executors of parents living trust."

You then said, "I am in need of advice since the trust is to be made soon.

We need clarification? Has the will and trust already been made? I would think so. Are You talking about the will associated with the trust? The younger brothers Trustees of the "living trust"? Who is the personal representative (s) of the will?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">