• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

RV in deceased stepfather's name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GEOSC

What is the name of your state? New Jersey. My mom lives in NJ. My stepfather died in Florida. The RV is registered in Fla. In my stepfathers name only. For a while it was their home. Now my mom is in NJ and wants to put it in my name. How will we go about this. My mom has a power of attorney and stepfather passed in 2005. The RV was bought when they were married. Thank you George.

seniorjudge

Did stepfather have a will?

Did stepfather have any other heirs besides ma? (Heirs are sisters, brothers, father, mother, son, daughter, etc.)

nextwife

The POA is useless after death.

The RV will pass either is accordance with stepdad's will or intestate probate. It cannot be retitled without probate. What is the value, presuming nobody but mom exists that would have any rights of inheritance?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">