• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revocable Trust Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NYCTRUST

What is the name of your state? NEW YORK STATE

I'm in the process of establishing a revocable trust, a TAX ID number has already been established. I have an annuity that I want to transfer into the trust, does anyone know if I will have to pay taxes, as if a cash out has taken place? The plan is to flow the monies into the trust without a cash out, but will it be viewed as a cash out and will I have to pay taxes on that? :confused:

curb1

We placed an annuity to a revocable trust without any problems. Your tax ID number for the trust is not to be used until the Trust is activated (after death). Until that time the Social Security number is used. Tax situation remains the same until Trust is activated. You will just have to re-title the annuity. They will, most likely, ask for the "Memorandum of Revocable Living Trust Agreement" or a copy of the Trust itself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">