• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged with Minor in Possession and Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LSTLFinest

Missouri

Alright, so I'm a seventeen year old kid attending Wentzville - Holt High School in Missouri and I have a very 'straight-on' question about something. Tonight I went to a bonfire where alcohol was present as well as sophomores and freshmen. Twenty minutes after I show up at the party, the area was bombarded by cop cars and everyone booked up the hills and you would think they were being shot at. But, me and maybe fifteen others stayed at the location at which the cops circled and remained patient. Now, let me inform you on somethings:
1. I wasn't near any alcohol at the time.
2. I had no alcohol in my system.
3. I'm seventeen years old.
4. This is just really ****ing retarded.

Okay, without searching, giving breathalizer tests, or any other alcohol tests - - I was charged with 'Minor in Possession' and 'Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor.'
Well, if I'm a minor - - how did I contribute to minors? And, if I'm contributing to minors, how am I getting charged with 'Minor in Possession?'

To be frank, I think this is a load of retardation. They gave me and fourteen other seventeen year olds the same two tickets and apparently it will cost me roughly two grand or so. Also, btw, I have nothing on my record and no tickets what-so-ever. (You think I'm bull****ting, but I'm not.)
So, can anyone tell me how to fight this the correct way without having to spend so much money?
I'd deeply appreciate it.

racer72

1. I wasn't near any alcohol at the time.
You were at a known location of alcohol consumption, that is all that is required.

2. I had no alcohol in my system.
Irrelevent, you were charged with possession, not consumption.

3. I'm seventeen years old.
Irrelevent.

4. This is just really ****ing retarded.
It's ignorant comments like this that prove you don't have a clue.

So, can anyone tell me how to fight this the correct way without having to spend so much money?
Nope. Or you can let your parents pay for an attorney. Trying to take care of this without your parents help just proves what a %$#@$ %*&$@# you are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">