• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ICU

I am the executer of a family members estate. The estate consists of a few small bank accounts and a car. The bank accounts will cover some bills and funeral expenses but not credit card bills( These equal about $7000.00) I would like to keep the car. If I do there will not be enough money to pay these bills. If I list the car on the probate asset form do I have to sell it to pay any outstanding debts?
Is there a way to keep the car without the estate being responsible for this debt?
Can I tell the credit card company that there is not enough money in the estate to cover the bills?
The person who ran up these bills knew they were dying and just charged up a storm on nothing!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">