• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Creation of a descendents trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Inquisitor

I live in Missouri. But my question involves the state of Kansas where my father died. In his trust it reads "In the event of the death of____before creation of the Descendants Trusts, or before termination of their Descendants Trust, their share shall be distributed to the remaining descendants of the Grantor, per stirpes." It has been 3 months and no distribution has been made. Does this mean that any of the funds which are not distributed before my death would not go to my wife? The funds in his trust could take up to 5 years to be dispersed. How do I create a "Descendants Trust" prior to the full distribution of his assets?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">