• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refusal To Pay Joint Cell Phone Plan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BrianJacksonJr

Back in June I had added a former roomate in need of a phone to my cell phone plan. She had purchased a discounted phone and signed her portion of the contract and was assigned her own phone number.

She deliberately destroyed her phone (though she paid for the discounted price of $100 due to a 2 year agreement the retail value of the phone was well over $300), allowed her bill to reach over $200 and now both my phone and her phone are disconnected. Verizon is charging $200 per line disconnected and she refuses to pay me for any of the charges.

Because of her actions I now have over $600 worth of damages to my phone plan and a busted phone I cannot resell. Because I'm on my own and have enough bills this is probably going to make it to a collections agency and hurt the credit I have spent years rebuilding before I have a chance to pay on it. Not to mention the next time I try to get a cell phone I'm going to have to pay a rediculous security deposit.

Do I have a potential case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">