• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what does this mean please!?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

karsonkitty

What is the name of your state? ky

my husband passed away 4 years ago at the age of 32. now his father is trying to be made administrator of his estate. *i got court papers* he owned no property or car or had life insurance. the court paper said something about remainder interest/life interest of 60000. his father and i dont really get along since we had an argument about where he should be buried. his dad has the money to hire lawyers and stuff and i really dont. he knows this and i worry he may be up to something. any info would help. thanks.

this is what it says.

You are hereby notified that *dads name*shall make application to be appointed as Administrator of the estate of *deceased hubby's name*, deceased. All interested parties are entitled to be present.

Decedent owned/had interest in the following real estate with marketed value as noted: Decedent had a remainder interest in property in **** County. The property is subjest to a life interest of *his dads name*.
estimated total. 60000.00:confused:

how could my late hubby have interest in his dads house? if they make him administrator does that mean im losing out on money somehow?

thanks.

if you want email me! [email protected]

rowz

your husbands estate [you were legally married, right?...not just something like we "felt like we were married" thing] was never entered through probate?

Others will be through with better advice I am sure, but I would expect that you would need a lawyer to talk to and get their input. As he had an interest in real property I believe that the estate needs to go through probate

In this situation, the lawyer will not cost....it will pay....big time.

Good luck

anteater

How often are you going to ask this same question? And how long are you going to wait before consulting a probate attorney to determine if you have some interest in the property?

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=394896
What is the name of your state? ky

my husband passed away 4 years ago at the age of 32. now his father is trying to be made administrator of his estate. *i got court papers* he owned no property or car or had life insurance. the court paper said something about remainder interest/life interest of 60000. his father and i dont really get along since we had an argument about where he should be buried. is this a way for him to take control and have him moved? is there something im missing here? his dad has the money to hire lawyers and stuff and i really dont. he knws this and i worry he may be up to something. any info would help. thanks.

You are hereby notified that *dads name*shall make application to be appointed as Administrator of the estate of *deceased hubby's name*, deceased. All interested parties are entitled to be present.

Decedent owned/had interest in the following real estate with marketed value as noted: Decedent had a remainder interest in property in **** County. The property is subjest to a life interest of *his dads name*.
estimated total. 60000.00
And...
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=394919

Dandy Don

At least get a CONSULTATION with a probate attorney to find out how you should proceed. A consultation for 1 or 2 hours would be very reasonable/affordable and would be most beneficial in getting everything figured out about how you should then proceed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">