• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance company harassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kacort

What is the name of your state? Maine

I have a STD claim pending decision. The insurance company keeps requesting the same information stating they have not received it even though it has been sent numerous times by my HR and me. I have a diagnosis of breast cancer and really cannot afford to waste energy on this nonsense. My HR, my Dr's and I have complied with every request and my claim decision is being delayed for another month because they claim not to have received salary information. This information was on the claim and sent in again upon request. There have been numerous conversations that were dubious in nature and contradictory. When I ask the representative to e-mail me her requests/advice, she refuses saying that she cannot communicate that way. Nor will she send me a letter. All information is over the phone, which obviously does not allow me a paper trail. I am stressed and bewildered by this and inclined to think it actionable. Please advise. I greatly appreciate it.

Dandy Don

I believe you, but is it possible that you were sending the information by regular postal mail when perhaps it might help if you sent it by certified mail to have proof of receipt that someone there signed to receive the information?

LAWMED

You are receiving the "standard" disability insurance company treatment. When they claim not to have something, FAX it to them and immediately confirm by telephone they have it. Avoid any telephone conversations with them, requesting the submit all questions to you in writing, but if you DO talk with them, immediately send a letter which memorializes the conversation.."According to our conversation on...I understand that......" and send this certified mail. Know that ANY time you are speaking with you claim rep. he/she has ONE PURPOSE ONLY...to figure out a way to not pay you. Sad but very true. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">