• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

subpoena for deposition duces tecum

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tamoyo

Hello, I received papers today that I didn't have to sign for. The papers were a subpoena for deposition duces tecum as a witness against my husband. My husband was a sub contractor and signed a non compete letter. He left his job in March 2007. I seen a Lawyer in July 2007 and was told that I could start a business in the same field since I didn't sign a non compete but my husband could not work for me. I am now be subpoena to go to his attorney's office with my computer, bank records, phone records, ebay transactions, files, etc. Am I obligated to do this since I have never met or done business with this man and never signed any letter. Is there any way I can quash this subpoena? This has been very stressful. We are on a very limited income and already very behind in bills since my husband lost his job. We can not afford an attorney and this man is very wealthy. Can you give me any advise or tell me where I can get free legal advise in Kissimmee Florida (Osceola County). Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Lisa

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">