• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

emanstipation of a minor- complicated circumstances

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

warfay

texas************************************************************************************

Last edited:

TinkerBelleLuvr

What is the name of your state? Texas
:confused::eek::confused:
hey my name fay and im 16 years old and just moved to texas from london. I am a british citizen but live her with my aunt (who is not my legal guardian) and i plan on staying her with her and going to school. My mother is still in london and she's agreed and actually came up with this living arrangment because of complicated family circumstances. My question is because I need a notarized signature from her for something as trivial as enrolling in school. What are my chances of becoming an emancitipated minor based on my situation (my mother also thinks this is a good idea). My aunt supports me financially because i can't get a job due to visa issues which are being filled, and would take considerable time. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. thank-you :)
In order to be emancipated, you would have to be able to support yourself. You've stated you can't because you cannot legally work, so that won't work.

You need your parents to file guardianship papers for your aunt so that she can enroll you in school.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">