• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MA adoption never finalized

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ecco

I thought I was adopted, 42 years ago, in Massachusetts. The man that adopted me was very kind. The woman was not. At the age of 9, my "adopted" father died of his fourth heart attack. After which I became this woman's punching bag, and her slave.

She gave me in depth details about my adoption...that I was a gray market baby. That they found a woman and agreed to pay her to have a girl. She was to seek out a man with a lot of females in his family tree, and would receive compensation only after delivering a girl. That the state found out the adoption was illegal and dragged them into court when I was a year old. They were reprimanded by the judge for what they pulled, told he could take me away from them right then and there. (they had to go the illegal route as my "adopted" mother failed the psych. evals at two different agencies) The Department of Child Welfare did not approve the adoption. A social worker was supposed to come back out to their home for an inspection. But this never happened. The courts didn't make contact, so she didn't contact them.

My entire childhood I was trapped by this person. I was placed in foster care for a short time, but always sent back to her. Because I became so dark in the summer, I was also told I was Greek.(this will be pertinant later)

It was a very abusive adoption(emotional,physical,sexual). Much I'd blocked out, until my two daughters began disclosing unbelievable events of sexual abuse by my adopted mother. Memories came flooding back, and I have had no contact with my adoptive family for almost twenty years.

She(my adopted mother) and my adopted brother were placed on the MA Central Registry for Child Molesters in 1990.

I have been desperately trying to find a way to dissolve this adopted. After an enormous amount of digging, and little help from the State of MA, Probate, and Social Services, I've come to find out that the adoption was never finalized! Vital Statistics gave these two people a birth certificate with their names as parents, when all they had was proof the adoption was filed, not finalized. They had money, it's amazing what you can buy.

I've had a number of suggestions...of course lawsuit - the thought of contacting that woman again makes me shudder. Suing Massachusetts seems impossible, as I can't imagine a state without a legal lupole in matters like this. I still want to have the adoption dissolved. But if there is no adoption, what's to dissolve. I have my original birth certificate, but it doesn't have a first name on it so it isn't legal. Basically, everything about my life is a lie. I'm very angry, and would like to do something other than write an autobiography.(my therapy through this insanity)

I want vindication. For myself, and for my kids. I want my life back, and I want my true surname(s) back.

Please help!?????

Ecco

P.S. I have found bio-Dad(had DNA testing), and am now registered member of Indian Tribe in New York.What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

ecco

"...in all that somewhere"...am I taking up too much of your time? This has been a nightmare. I apologize if I was not forthright enough for you. I assumed common sense would have come into play at some point.

I want my surname(s) back--I want my original birth certificate back with first and last names intact--I want every trace of this quasi-adoption abolished. The question...how would I begin to accomplish these things?

Is that better.

If I seem snide, it's because I am. This is a very serious, traumatizing circumstance. Your cavalier attitude is not appreciated. If you cannot help me, please do not post. I came to this site for help, not sarcasm.

E

Silverplum

"...in all that somewhere"...am I taking up too much of your time? This has been a nightmare. I apologize if I was not forthright enough for you. I assumed common sense would have come into play at some point.

I want my surname(s) back--I want my original birth certificate back with first and last names intact--I want every trace of this quasi-adoption abolished. The question...how would I begin to accomplish these things?

Is that better.

If I seem snide, it's because I am. This is a very serious, traumatizing circumstance. Your cavalier attitude is not appreciated. If you cannot help me, please do not post. I came to this site for help, not sarcasm.

E
The joy of the quote function. ;)

nextwife

I thought I was adopted, 42 years ago, in Massachusetts. The man that adopted me was very kind. The woman was not. At the age of 9, my "adopted" father died of his fourth heart attack. After which I became this woman's punching bag, and her slave.

She gave me in depth details about my adoption...that I was a gray market baby. That they found a woman and agreed to pay her to have a girl. She was to seek out a man with a lot of females in his family tree, and would receive compensation only after delivering a girl. That the state found out the adoption was illegal and dragged them into court when I was a year old. They were reprimanded by the judge for what they pulled, told he could take me away from them right then and there. (they had to go the illegal route as my "adopted" mother failed the psych. evals at two different agencies) The Department of Child Welfare did not approve the adoption. A social worker was supposed to come back out to their home for an inspection. But this never happened. The courts didn't make contact, so she didn't contact them.

My entire childhood I was trapped by this person. I was placed in foster care for a short time, but always sent back to her. Because I became so dark in the summer, I was also told I was Greek.(this will be pertinant later)

It was a very abusive adoption(emotional,physical,sexual). Much I'd blocked out, until my two daughters began disclosing unbelievable events of sexual abuse by my adopted mother. Memories came flooding back, and I have had no contact with my adoptive family for almost twenty years.

She(my adopted mother) and my adopted brother were placed on the MA Central Registry for Child Molesters in 1990.

I have been desperately trying to find a way to dissolve this adopted. After an enormous amount of digging, and little help from the State of MA, Probate, and Social Services, I've come to find out that the adoption was never finalized! Vital Statistics gave these two people a birth certificate with their names as parents, when all they had was proof the adoption was filed, not finalized. They had money, it's amazing what you can buy.

I've had a number of suggestions...of course lawsuit - the thought of contacting that woman again makes me shudder. Suing Massachusetts seems impossible, as I can't imagine a state without a legal lupole in matters like this. I still want to have the adoption dissolved. But if there is no adoption, what's to dissolve. I have my original birth certificate, but it doesn't have a first name on it so it isn't legal. Basically, everything about my life is a lie. I'm very angry, and would like to do something other than write an autobiography.(my therapy through this insanity)

I want vindication. For myself, and for my kids. I want my life back, and I want my true surname(s) back.

Please help!?????

Ecco

P.S. I have found bio-Dad(had DNA testing), and am now registered member of Indian Tribe in New York.What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

The abuse had NOTHING to do with adoption.
Children are abused at the hands of their BIO-PARENTS every day! Or at the hands of their bioparents boy or girlfriend. The percentage of abusive adoptive parents is certainly no greater than is the population of bioparents.

LdiJ

Is that better.

E
Consult an attorney about the possibility of an adult adoption...about the possiblity of your biological father adopting you now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">