• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

running a red light

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

racer72

You will pay a fine, have points added to your driving record and the state will take your first born child.

dcatz

racer took this lightly. I did too and chuckled at the response – until I read more. The possession charge that followed from this will not be helped by it being unresolved while more important things go on. In the other forum, tranquility has already told you that you have a steep hill to climb, and he’s giving you sound advice, and he’s right.

Talk to the attorney that you’re going to get (aren’t you?) and do one of two things: bite the bullet, enter a plea and get rid of this ASAP or drag it out until a disposition is made of the other charge (I’d probably favor the former on the information posted). With a bit of luck, it won’t be high on the radar to undermine the “designated driver who knew nothing about the baggie” story. Negligent driving is not going to help that discussion, but the decision is tactical.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">