• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SOMEONE please help me -- need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ZeroCool23

What is the name of your state? Rhode Island

OK. i really need some advice/help here. my ex - gf owes me over 2,000$ ... and i dont know if i have enough proof or it is worth going to court over. she owes me:

250 - tires for her car because she had no money (i could get a receipt)
85 - speeding ticket (i have receipt)
900 - two months rent when we lived together at house my mom owned (but dont have a lease .. let alone a lease with her on it)
100 - christmas presents she used my CC for (for her parents) because we bought online and she doesnt have a CC (could find receipts)
600 - three months of split rent at a different house (she was not on this lease but there was an agreement that i was lending her this money and she would eventually pay back)
200 - misc bills (like electric/cable etc) when we lived in above house (only proof i have is i wrote on the checks i gave, in the memo spot things like "electricity bill for brendan (me) and ashley (ex-gf)"

so i dont know if i even have enough proof. or if i do how much does going to a small claims court costs... and if its worth it. can anyone please fill me in on any answers to my questions? or thoughts? (please keep opinions to yourself --- only looking for facts)

she told me she would pay everything back but now ... since she no longer lives with me she is ignoring my calls and txts... id be happy if i could get a quarter of what she really owes me (like 500$) so anyone know anything about this? THANK you so much

-Brendan

BL

What is the name of your state? Rhode Island

OK. i really need some advice/help here. my ex - gf owes me over 2,000$ ... and i dont know if i have enough proof or it is worth going to court over. she owes me:

250 - tires for her car because she had no money (i could get a receipt)
85 - speeding ticket (i have receipt)
900 - two months rent when we lived together at house my mom owned (but dont have a lease .. let alone a lease with her on it)100 - christmas presents she used my CC for (for her parents) because we bought online and she doesnt have a CC (could find receipts)
600 - three months of split rent at a different house (she was not on this lease but there was an agreement that i was lending her this money and she would eventually pay back)
200 - misc bills (like electric/cable etc) when we lived in above house (only proof i have is i wrote on the checks i gave, in the memo spot things like "electricity bill for brendan (me) and ashley (ex-gf)"

so i dont know if i even have enough proof. or if i do how much does going to a small claims court costs... and if its worth it. can anyone please fill me in on any answers to my questions? or thoughts? (please keep opinions to yourself --- only looking for facts)

she told me she would pay everything back but now ... since she no longer lives with me she is ignoring my calls and txts... id be happy if i could get a quarter of what she really owes me (like 500$) so anyone know anything about this? THANK you so much

-Brendan
Write it off as a learning experience .

You were co- habitation ( living together as B/F - G/F ) I doubt a Judge would give you any amount you try to claim .

The other stuff , she could claim as gifts , because at the time you were her B/F and gave gifts .

Bottom line , unless she admits in court these were loans , you would be hoping for some kind of award at best .

Then there's collecting a judgment , if awarded any amount .

The 900 ??? notta ...

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">