• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statute of limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Peter11

My girlfriend's ex-boyfriend came into her apartment with the permission of a roommate. He went into her room, searched everything, and found mail from her current boyfriend (me) in a hidden place in the room.

This was almost a year ago and unfortunately she never filed a report against him. Another complication is that he has moved out of state? However, the guy did make a long distance phone call from her apartment and confessed to a mutual friend what he had done (phone records and testimony could proove he was in her apartment and read private mail). Can he still be charged with the crime or is it too late? Would she still have a civil case against him if it has prooven to be a source of his rage and abuse against her ever since that time?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You didn't leave the state where this happened so I would not be able to tell you. BUt I can tell you it is usually more than one year.

Go to state law center and then state statutes and check your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">