• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

teri wilson

What is the name of your state? arkansas, my son a 12 year old kid was spanked at school by the principal for no reason. he was proven not to be involved in the bullying that acurred and was still spanked. after talking to as many adminitration leaders that would listen my husband and i were told that this principal has not violated my son's civil rights and that nothing will be done to this principal. when we meet with him(the principal) he at first said that he had our son on video tape. after a few days we found out that no video exsited. my son asked to call me and was refused. he only had one option given to him by the principal. "take 2 licks (with a wooden paddle) or go to jail) so my son took the licks. i just want someone to tell me was this man (the principal) justified in the actions that he took? we need help.

Last edited:

tanja53

What is the name of your state? arkansas, my son a 12 year old kid was spanked at school by the principal for no reason. he was proven not to be involved in the bullying that acurred and was still spanked. after talking to as many adminitration leaders that would listen my husband and i were told that this principal has not violated my son's civil rights and that nothing will be done to this principal. when we meet with him(the principal) he at first said that he had our son on video tape. after a few days we found out that no video exsited. my son asked to call me and was refused. he only had one option given to him by the principal. "take 2 licks (with a wooden paddle) or go to jail) so my son took the licks. i just want someone to tell me was this man (the principal) justified in the actions that he took? we need help.
Why haven't you contacted the police or district atty. office. And ask them.
It sounds wrong very wrong.

teri wilson

we live in a town were pretty much ever one knows everone. we have been sent around in circles, from office to office, and still nothing. most of the people of authority are kin to each other in some way. what do you do then?

tanja53

we live in a town were pretty much ever one knows everone. we have been sent around in circles, from office to office, and still nothing. most of the people of authority are kin to each other in some way. what do you do then?
I understand what you are saying.
How about the press? Or TV stations? Sometimes they can get things stirred up.

Rexlan

Your small town scenario is a myth and it is easily tested if you are genuinely interested and not just making noise. Go to the local DA's office and submit a complaint. They have no choice but to follow-up on it. If they do not, and warn them, then forward it to the State AG, perhaps the BOE as well and of course the local school board.

You can also consult with a local attorney and file a civil action. That will be quite an attention getter but you will have to put up some $$ for that.

It is very, very unlikely that this principal singled out your son for a spanking. I would move on and forget it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">