• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

assault charge for fight

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kmetz71

What is the name of your state? Ohio
My child was suspended from school for 10 days and charged with assault for a fight in the school bath room, there were witnesses who said the other child struck my child first and the school saw fit to arrest my child almost 3 weeks after the incident and suspend him and an expulsion hearing is coming down the line as well the other child did not recieve any punishment this was the first time my child has been in any trouble with the police he is only 12 years old and i was not contacted by the school until they had taken my child to the police station they also had him fill out a statement without notifing my wife or myself what can i do?:mad:

kmetz71

more info

there was injurys sustained by the other child (concusion) but i have not seen medical reports yet the arrest happened yesterday march 11 the report was filed by the parents march 10th the fight occured feb. 19th seems like he is taking the heat because he won the fight (which i totally disapprove of fighting and my son knows this he said he was defending himself)

kmetz71

Hire a lawyer to protect your sons rights and to understand your options.
i have consulted with one but i am not looking forward to the big bill over a fight someone else started...i will be looking to retain a lawyer for this thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">