• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defamation of Character/Slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MeghanA

What is the name of your state? Utah
I currently live with my Ex-boyfriend, we bought a house together while we were together and continue to live here until it sells. Several months ago I dated a guy for a few weeks, things didn't work out and we went our seperate ways. I soon began dating a new guy and am now engaged. A week ago Chris, the guy I dated for a few weeks hacked into my email and myspace accounts, forwarded some of my emails to himself and also took some of my pictures. He then sent pictures of my fiancee and I to my ex-boyfriend in order to try to cause problems and tension between my ex and I (not good considering we will have to continue living in the same house until it sells) I called and informed chris that if he did anything like this again that I would file a restraining order against him. Then yesterday Chris emailed my fiancee and forged a fake email from me saying that I was having an affair with my ex and still sleeping with him. I plan on filing a stalking injunction on him but would like to either sue or press charges against him for defamation of character or Slander. Is this something that would be reasonable for me to do? and would I have a high chance of success?
Please Help!:mad:

Rexlan

Sure ... sue away after all this is the American way ...lol.

Just make sure you have an extra $15,000 to get started with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">