• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damaged in shipping

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dcastle

I recently went through an intermediary company and shipped an expensive item from Arizona to Florida with Federal Express. The intermediary company looked over the packaging (three items packaged by me in one box). The intermediary company examined the packaging, then called Federal Express to question if the packaging met their requirements. We were advised that the packaging did meet their requirements. I paid 200 dollars for the package to be insured for twenty thousand dollars. Upon arrival in Florida, the expensive equipment did not work. There was a corner of the box that was smashed. To make a long story short, the insurance is not being honored because there was more than one item in the box. I was not aware that more than one object could be contained in a box. The intermediary company did not inform me that only one object could be in a box for it to be insurable. Federal Express made no mention to the intermediary as to the number of items that could be in a box, and now I have damaged equipment that does not work, and it was useless for me to insure it because they are not honoring the insurance. I do not know if (in some fine print somewhere) some document contained this information but I was not made aware of it. How would you advise me? Thank You

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">