• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing Location

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PortlandDMA

What is the name of your state? Oregon

A buyer of mine broke a contract. All the agreements were made via email. Can I as the seller file in my state or must I file in the buyers state?

I understand that its propably better to file in the defendants county but I do not want to incure more cost by having to travel...please advise. Much appriciated.

racer72

The simple answer is an Oregon judgment is basically worthless outside the state borders. It would then have to be domesticated into the buyer's home state. It is much easier to do things once, not twice.

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? Oregon

A buyer of mine broke a contract. All the agreements were made via email. Can I as the seller file in my state or must I file in the buyers state?

I understand that its propably better to file in the defendants county but I do not want to incure more cost by having to travel...please advise. Much appriciated.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=397776

Asked and answered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">