• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life Lesson

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

David Zweifel

What is the name of your state? California. In December 07 I was caught shoplifting a hat, value $8.99, and personal information was taken by the store, I was told no actions with police were being taken and never to shop there again. I have not returned to the store, lesson learned. This week I recieved a letter from a lawyer demanding $250.00 and a threat to litigate for as much as $500.00 ( siting Caifornia Civil Law 490.5 ) if I did not send money within 15 days. The letter came 5 days after it was dated and it was not certified. I do not know my rights for this matter or how to proceed. Thank you DZ

Rexlan

I believe the statute allows this and you should pay it pronto. As Zigner points out ... delay and it will cost you a lot more. Try to fight it and you will need a brain transplant.

2 lesions learned and they are cheap.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">