• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this possible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heather barnett

Hello. I live in Illinois. I am curious about whether I can file a civil suit regarding statutory rape that occurred between 1989-1991. I was 14, and he was 35. It was consensual. I understand the statute of limitations has worn out for filing criminal charges. I just wonder if I have a case. . .

Thank you for your time

heather barnett

I was thinking that is considered statutory rape. Not sure why you're LOL.

I didn't think there was a statute of limitations on civil suits.?

faithnlve

unless he is a catholic priest who molested you. Sorry, but the same thing happened to an aquaintence of mine. It happened over 20 years ago and he still won his lawsuit. At 14 you may have been convinced it was consensual, but I DON'T believe it. An adult at 35 is capable of talking and having you believe anything at 14. I guess the law protects some and not others. Seems that way,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">