• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgment collection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alabama

I won a judgment for $1,666 in small claims. I sent a formal demand letter advising Defendant he had 14 days to pay (or appeal...which I didn't mention).

Got a feeling he will not do so. What are my options? I have heard about a FiFa (do I get this at the same court?) and going through the Sherrif's department to sieze property ( he owns numerous vehicles, a business and a home free and clear).

How do I find out his bank branch easily and inexpensively? Can I just take the Judgement to his bank and attach funds...or will I need the FiFa.

I realize this may be a hassle...but I WILL collect!

Does it make sense to go back to the same court and ask for a hearing regarding payment.
I realize the court can't collect for me. Just need to know my options. Thanks for your input.

onefrostykat

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">