• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Send her home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rjsce

Arizona

My 16 year old niece came to live with me about 5 months ago. Her mother died shortly after she was born and her father has all kinds of legal problems. She asked if she could come live with us. Her father didn't like the idea, but didn't oppose it and said she could come on Nov 1st 2007. Her dad will not sign any kind of guardingship papers which means we have had all kinds of problems with healthcare and other issues. He still gives her money, a cell phone, and just purchased a car for her. She is dating an 18 year old, and spending a lot of time at a house with no adult supervision. We have certain rules and expectations in my house that she understood from the beginning. We finally gave her a choice, to live by our rules or go back to her dad. She refuses to live by our rules, but she will not get on the plane to go back and her dad will not come and get her. Yesterday she ranway and her dad called her in as a runaway. The police located her at her friends house but said they couldn't do anything other than telling her she needs to come back to my house. She eventually did late at night. Now she feels she can do anything she wants. I have a wife and 3 small kids and this situation is causes some serious problems in my home. This is my home but I am beginning to feel powerless in this situation.

BL

Is that all I'm going to get from this site?
What do you want from a free forum site ?

Call CPS then , and have the State take her , or call Dad and tell him if he don't come get her , you will call CPS .

Even though Dad is providing , he is neglecting the child .

The child has a car , send her home .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">