• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Caught in VA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jj220

I was driving back from FLorida during my break in between semesters, and as my roomate was driving through VA, we were pulled over for speeding. The police officer said he smelled marijuana in the car, and asked me to get out, when he searched the car he found a roach in a ciggerette carton, he then asked to search me and I complied, I was caught with 4 grams of marijuana, and he told me i had a court date on Feb 8. Now because of school and not having a car i can not make it to VA on that date. I called and asked for a continueance and was granted one, but only until the 23rd of Feb. I need to push back the court date until this semester ends because I have no way of getting down there until then, Is there anyway to push this back, or plead guilty over the phone? I am willing to pay the fine, and this is my first offense. Does it make a differrence that I am from a differrent state?

HomeGuru

It does make a difference that you are from a different State. You see how much harder it is to deal with the problem of going to an out of state court?

What is more important, finding transportation and missing a few classes to go to court, or getitng your ass hauled off to jail on a bench warrant??

Maybe you can tell the VA Court that you are from Florida and demand a recount.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">