• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tyrell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tyrell

What is the name of your state? NJ

What is the most child support and alimony can the court award if the father makes $59,000 a year and pays for the health insurance? Wife makes 32,000 a year.

Also papers have be files by my wife for divorce. What step can I take to counter sue?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? NJ

What is the most child support and alimony can the court award if the father makes $59,000 a year and pays for the health insurance? Wife makes 32,000 a year.

Also papers have be files by my wife for divorce. What step can I take to counter sue?
We can't/won't run the numbers for you. You can google CS calculators on the web; I don't know if there are any reputable sites where you can figure alimony.

First things first: how long have you been married?

Silverplum

I've been married three years.
Most states don't consider 3 years to be a "long term marriage." Alimony usually is considered only after 10 years or more, and even then only for a short period of time.

I would absolutely BALK at paying ANY alimony whatsoever after a mere 3 years.

tyrell

You skip this question for me. Also papers have be files by my wife for divorce. What step can I take to counter sue? This is for the Essex county area of New Jersey.

Silverplum

You skip this question for me. Also papers have be files by my wife for divorce. What step can I take to counter sue? This is for the Essex county area of New Jersey.
You will file a response to her motion. Check the NJ State Courts website for family law info, rules, and forms.

If you don't want to do the research to be your own attorney, I strongly advise you to hire a family law attorney.

tyrell

Tyrell

Sorry SilverPlum for the multiple post. I wasn't familiar with how to navigate your site. Word to the wise treat all new users as children.

Question: Also what form must I use to counter sue. (No Attorney)

tuffbrk

Hon - you need to google NJ courts, divorce, etc. No one here is going to be looking up form #'s for you - you'll need to go online to get the forms and instructions anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">