• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Separation Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abuelo

What is the name of your state? Maryland
I am living in the same house with my wife but in separate bedrooms. Can we start a legal separation agreement under this condition? We are trying not to sell the house because of the low housing market. Since I can not move out and pay the morgage of the house and the rent of another place and since my wife makes 1/10 of the money I make, she cannot move out either and pay the rent of another place or the morgage in our house, we migth be forced to sell the house. If so, can I refinance the house with my 1/2 part of the selling of the house without having to ask for her permission or agreement? If she can not have the house, she does not want me to have the house either.What is the name of your state?

mistoffolees

I am living in the same house with my wife but in separate bedrooms. Can we start a legal separation agreement under this condition? We are trying not to sell the house because of the low housing market. Since I can not move out and pay the morgage of the house and the rent of another place and since my wife makes 1/10 of the money I make, she cannot move out either and pay the rent of another place or the morgage in our house, we migth be forced to sell the house. If so, can I refinance the house with my 1/2 part of the selling of the house without having to ask for her permission or agreement? If she can not have the house, she does not want me to have the house either.What is the name of your state?
You may be making life more difficult for yourselves. Even though the housing market is poor, you may be better off selling and starting a new life clean. Trying to stay there any longer than necessary can create more problems than it solves.

Whose name is on the title? if both of your names are on the title, you both need to agree, AFAIK.

Bali Hai

This is typical woman "logic". Good luck!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">