• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP! Divorce going on 7 years!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kwoodscordova

What is the name of your state? Tennessee
Making this short.... 2002 filed been to court 4 times now (i think) Which the Soon to Been EX defended herself the past to 2 times and her grounds were better then mine, so the Judge says? I commited adultly, and plaint out told the truth about everything, we married young and I thought I was to marry her because she got prego. Which later found out, I made a HUGE mistake and now she has lied time after time in court and to our kids well, one is 20 almost now and almost 16 they were 13 and 8 when this all started and has put so many bad things in their head my oldest won't even talk to me unless she wants money or something. My son, he still calls andchats, and there for awhile was hanging around my GF, Now, he has it in his head it is BAD to be around her, although she has done nothing wrong, I also lied to her at the start of all this. but, my question is, WHAT CAN I DO? I want to move on with my life and she want sign the papers or anything, as fought me in court so many times. Isn't there some sort of time line, or do I have to wait until my youngest is 18? PLease any advice is helpfull. I just want to move on, it has been 7 YEARS!
(BTW) my GF and I HAD to move in together, money wise it was all we could do at the time. this is after 5 years of her fighting me though, My GF has respected all of them by staying to herself. please help:confused:What is the name of your state?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Tennessee
Making this short.... 2002 filed been to court 4 times now (i think) Which the Soon to Been EX defended herself the past to 2 times and her grounds were better then mine, so the Judge says? I commited adultly, and plaint out told the truth about everything, we married young and I thought I was to marry her because she got prego. Which later found out, I made a HUGE mistake and now she has lied time after time in court and to our kids well, one is 20 almost now and almost 16 they were 13 and 8 when this all started and has put so many bad things in their head my oldest won't even talk to me unless she wants money or something. My son, he still calls andchats, and there for awhile was hanging around my GF, Now, he has it in his head it is BAD to be around her, although she has done nothing wrong, I also lied to her at the start of all this. but, my question is, WHAT CAN I DO? I want to move on with my life and she want sign the papers or anything, as fought me in court so many times. Isn't there some sort of time line, or do I have to wait until my youngest is 18? PLease any advice is helpfull. I just want to move on, it has been 7 YEARS!
(BTW) my GF and I HAD to move in together, money wise it was all we could do at the time. this is after 5 years of her fighting me though, My GF has respected all of them by staying to herself. please help:confused:What is the name of your state?
You should have been able to finalize a divorce by now. What specifically is the holdup? Do you have an attorney?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">