• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can pre-nuptial be invalidated if property is re-titled in both names?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crm

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I signed a pre-nuptial that my house and equity were mine, my wife's property and equity were hers. Year later we sold my house and invested most of the equity in her land. She then had the land put in both of our names as co-owners with survivorship. If we divorce, does the pre-nuptial still stand or is the property now both of ours to be divided as common marital property?What is the name of your state?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? Georgia

I signed a pre-nuptial that my house and equity were mine, my wife's property and equity were hers. Year later we sold my house and invested most of the equity in her land. She then had the land put in both of our names as co-owners with survivorship. If we divorce, does the pre-nuptial still stand or is the property now both of ours to be divided as common marital property?What is the name of your state?
Based on your information, it seems pretty clear that you have comingled the assets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">