• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Toddler Abused by Teenager Uncle! Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NMarcum430

What is the name of your state? OH

I have recently found out that my 2 yr old daughter was raped by my 13 yr old half brother many times. She was taken to the ER and they examined her and confirmed sexual assault. My 2 yr old is confused about the events that occured and will just point to what part of her body he hurt. He also had my son molest his sister while he watched. My son is very traumatized and can recall in perfect detail everything. We are not currently living in Ohio, however it happened there and thats where he resides. In Ohio law what will he face? He is denying everything and blaming anyone he can, for this reason I fear he will get away with it and victimize other children. What is the typical course of action in a situation like ours? Since he didn't engage in physical touch with my son will he still be held accountable for what he made him do? Any help is useful. Thank you very very much.

garrula lingua

How old was your son at the time ?

It's a hard case to prosecute unless the child-victim can articulate what happened or there were witnesses, or a confession, but the Prosecutor will probably specialize in child molestation cases; they won't proceed with the case unless they believe they can convict the little piece of feces.

Possibly the little turd confessed to your son what the turd did to your daughter.
Your son's testimony would be vital in convicting the offender.

I don't know if the episode with your son could be prosecuted without charging both of them ... the Prosecuting Attorney could talk to you about that.
I hope you do cooperate with prosecution - this kid is a real predator and will only increase in his offenses as he gets older and more powerful.

If there was a police report, I'm surprised Child Protective Services hasn't been involved yet.

Hopefully, both you and your children are receiving counseling.
Good luck.
Ohio statute re juvenile offenders:
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2152

Last edited by a moderator:

CourtClerk

I have nothing more to add than what GL posted, however, I am awfully sorry your children had to endure this.

Bless your kids and your family. That little turd has a reservation in hell with his name on it already.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">