• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

minor pulled over friend has cigerettes.. is this PC to search vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nicholas N

What is the name of your state?
Virginia

I was pulled over i am 17. The cop saw my friends cigerettes in the back and asked me who they belonged to. My friend told him they were his. He then said that was probable cause to search the vehicle is this true? My friend is also 17

GatorLaw

Ask yourself, what made the officer suspect that you had committed or were committing a crime or that something illegal was in your car?

probable cause. 1. Criminal law. A reasonable ground to suspect that a person has committed or is committing a crime or that a place contains specific items connected with a crime

Black's Law Dictionary (8th ed. 2004)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Was your friend a minor? If so he committed a crime. Also there are other reasons a police officer can search a car. Because you apparently gave him probable cause to stop you.

Nicholas N

Ask yourself, what made the officer suspect that you had committed or were committing a crime or that something illegal was in your car?

probable cause. 1. Criminal law. A reasonable ground to suspect that a person has committed or is committing a crime or that a place contains specific items connected with a crime

Black's Law Dictionary (8th ed. 2004)
I don't know you tell me. I got pulled over because my license tag stickers with the months on it were covered by a black frame around my license tag. He asked me if i had any pipes or anything in the car . i told him i had a Bowl in the trunk but i never used it. i specifically told him i had never used it. So therefore as far as he knows there is no drug residue on the bowl of any kind. so how can he go through my trunk. my friend who had the cigeretes was also a minor he was 17.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">