• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Money not owed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carmella

What is the name of your state? OHIO
Can i file a civile suit against the Bureau of child support in west virginia for filling a federal offset of my tax return when i did not owe any money. I was sent a letter of intent i resonded in time alowed that their records were wrong. they still offset my tax refund and i am having to wait eight more weeks to get it.

Hot Topic

So you sent proof that you didn't owe any money, and they still proceeded with the offset?

Can you prove that making you wait for two months is going to cause you actual hardship as opposed to inconvenience?

carmella

Yes i sent them proof and yes it did cause me hardship they took $3000.00 and i did not owe them any money

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">