• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

commercial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeannun1

What is the name of your state? washington

I need help to reply to the complaint for a credit card lawsuit. I am at the end of a 2 year long divorce and plan to settle with the cc company. How do I answer the complaint and buy about 2 months time before they can get a writ of garnishment. I am not trying to get out of paying. I will settle with them. I just need to get more time to get the money that is in the trust account from my divorce.

Last edited:

deenorris

You HAVE to answer the complaint other wise you lose and they will get the judgment and garnishment.

If you intend to pay the debt, answer the complaint . Then enter into settlement talks and two months will be over before you know it. They have to take you to court to get a judgment if you have answered the complaint. They will file a motion for a summary judgment which you can oppose and delay more.

In a 30 second search of Google, I found this site for you. http://lib.law.washington.edu/ref/legalinfo.html

Good Luck!

jeannun1

Thank you

Thank you for your rely I will go to the link and I do plan to answer the complaint. I do intend to pay. I just need this nasty 2 year long divorce over with so I can get my half of the money in the trust account. Again THANK YOU>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">